This page lists memberships in organizations, for elected officials.
Each organization determines its own rules for membership.
on Aug 15, 2001
Membership Roster: of the Democratic Governors Association:
Source: DGA website, www.DemocraticGovernors.org/
Governors are, by definition, a different type of politician. They must be independent and pragmatic leaders, often reaching across party lines to get the people’s business done. Democratic Governors bring these skills to bear for the benefit of all of their citizens. They are leading the way with innovative ways to strengthen families, improve the quality of life, and prepare for the future. These principles are why Democratic Governors are good executives, good candidates, and will regain the majority of statehouses in 2002.
- Balancing budgets, investing in priorities and providing responsible tax cuts: support tax relief that is fair for working families.
- Creating new jobs and succeeding in the new economy: sustain economic development, particularly for small businesses that create the majority of new jobs.
- Supporting economic development in rural areas: ensure that rural and underserved communities have the technology
needed to participate in the New Economy.
- Improving public schools and investing in our youngest children: the most important aspect to insure a child’s education is to have the best possible teachers in the classroom.
- Protecting patients’ rights and providing seniors with affordable prescription drugs: guarantee that doctors and patients, not HMO bureaucrats, make medical decisions.
- Keeping streets, schools and communities safe: anti-crime measures that promise swift, severe and certain punishment, [plus] smart prevention measures like community policing.
- Improving quality of life through smart growth: excessive growth and sprawl threaten our communities
- Promoting clean air, clean water and clean neighborhoods: the old debate between environmental protection and economic development presented a false choice.
- Promoting personal responsibility through the next generation of welfare reform
- Topic: Principles & Values
- Headline: Member of Democratic Governors Association
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 01-DGA1
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: