Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Connecticut Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 CT Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Ann-Marie Adams (6) Democratic candidate for Connecticut U. S. Senate Connecticut
- Chris Murphy (2) Democratic Challenger Connecticut
- Matthew Corey (13) Republican Candidate for Connecticut U.S. Senator Connecticut
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Connecticut 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- NBC News, "Trump could push through Saudi bomb deal without congressional approval," by D.Luce, C.Kube and A.Williams, May 22, 2019
- NECN, "Conn. Senator Murphy Fights Federal Proposal to Arm School Teachers," Aug 24, 2018
- Hartford Courant, "Corey Calls on Congress to Hold Hearings on Sex Abuse," by Daniela Altimari, October 23, 2017
- Reclaim Connecticut (ReclaimCT.com), "Send 'Blue-Collar, Small-Business Type' to D.C.," October 12, 2017
- News8 WTNH.com, "Senate candidate calls out Sen. Murphy," by Jacquie Slater, October 4, 2017
- Hartford Courant, "Corey Planning U.S. Senate Run," by Daniela Altimari, August 22, 2017
- Jamaica Observer, "Jamaican seeks Senate seat," by Jediael Carter, June 4, 2017
- Hartford Courant, "Republican Corey Seeks To Unseat Larson," by Christopher Keating, Oct. 7, 2016
- Hartford Courant, "Larson And Corey Clash In Hartford Debate," by Christopher Keating, Oct. 6, 2016
- America's Black Holocaust Museum, "Newtown School Shooting Exposes Gun Violence," by Ann-Marie Adams, Dec. 25, 2012
- The Washington Post, "Student debt in the black community," by Ann-Marie Adams, November 12, 2012
- The Hartford Guardian, "Scholar Uses Journalistic Skills to Tell Untold Stories," by Carrie Stetler, April 4, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Matthew Corey: Washington's unbalanced budget affects all states.
Matthew Corey: Wasteful spending and regulations crippling jobs.
Ann-Marie Adams: President of the Conn. Association of Black Communicators.
Ann-Marie Adams: Racial injustice:Black student debt disproportionately worse.
Matthew Corey: Government regulations stifling small businesses.
Matthew Corey: Attack drug companies & prescribing doctors first.
Matthew Corey: Wants vouchers for school choice, empower states.
Ann-Marie Adams: Lack of minority teachers led to achievement gap.
Families & Children|
Matthew Corey: Investigate Hollywood's systematic sexual abuse.
Chris Murphy: Teachers don't want to be armed; nor do parents or students.
Chris Murphy: Stricter gun control laws on a federal level.
Matthew Corey: Gun control needs more mental health programs.
Ann-Marie Adams: Newtown massacre exposes race and class prejudice.
Matthew Corey: Let health care be governed by the free market.
Ann-Marie Adams: Expand Medicaid and reduce disparities.
Matthew Corey: Veterans cannot be ignored or forgotten.
Matthew Corey: Social Security isn't an entitlement but a benefit.
Matthew Corey: Wants lower corporate and middle class tax rates.
Ann-Marie Adams: Blend digital technology with underserved areas.
War & Peace|
Matthew Corey: ISIS must be eliminated at all costs.
Matthew Corey: Strong proponent of the war in Iraq.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Ann-Marie Adams Democratic candidate for Connecticut U. S. Senate Connecticut
- Chris Murphy Democratic Challenger Connecticut
- Matthew Corey Republican Candidate for Connecticut U.S. Senator Connecticut
The above quotations are from 2018 Connecticut Senate race: debates and news coverage.