Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 PA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- John Fetterman (3) Pennsylvania Democratic nominee for Pennsylvania Lt. Gov.
- Ken Krawchuk (19) Pennsylvania Libertarian candidate for governor
- Lou Barletta (8) Pennsylvania Former Republican candidate for Pennsylvania Governor
- Scott Wagner (16) Pennsylvania Republican
- Tom Wolf (17) Pennsylvania Democratic Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Pennsylvania 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Pittston Sunday Dispatch, "Wolf announces funding to revitalize Pittston waterfront", Aug 30, 2018
- Vox.com, "John Fetterman: Pennsylvania Democrats' tattooed rising star, explained," by Tara Golshan, May 16, 2018
- The Morning Call, "Candidate questions American ideals of ‘Hungarian Jew',", by Steve Esack, August 25, 2017
- Penn Live, "Trump's ban on transgender people in military triggers firestorm," by Christine Vendel, July 26, 2017
- PennLive.com, "LGBT rights bill finds ally in Scott Wagner," by John L. Micek, June 14, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Ken Krawchuk: Pre-natal adoption with a right to choose.
Budget & Economy|
Ken Krawchuk: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Ken Krawchuk: Supports same-sex marriage.
Ken Krawchuk: Eliminate parole for violent criminals.
Tom Wolf: Moratorium on death penalty; reprieves to death-row inmates.
Scott Wagner: Supports legal medical marijuana but not recreational.
Tom Wolf: Legal medical marijuana, but not recreational, yet.
Ken Krawchuk: Marijuana isn't a gateway drug.
Scott Wagner: Support vouchers; we spend enough on public schools.
Scott Wagner: All 14 state colleges die by 2022 unless we revamp pensions.
Tom Wolf: Opposes diverting state funding away from public schools.
Tom Wolf: Increase state funding for higher education.
Ken Krawchuk: Oppose vouchers because of the "political ˙golden rule".
Energy & Oil|
Lou Barletta: Use coal, nuclear, natural gas; consider alternatives.
Lou Barletta: Energy regulations cost jobs.
Scott Wagner: Planet moving closer to sun is cause of global warming.
Scott Wagner: Let market decide renewables & clean energy.
Tom Wolf: PA is on target to exceed the Paris Accord on GHGs.
Tom Wolf: Supports loans & grants for solar energy.
Ken Krawchuk: I support green energy.
John Fetterman: Fracking acceptable if it brings thousands of jobs.
Ken Krawchuk: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Families & Children|
Scott Wagner: Supports gay marriage.
Tom Wolf: Supports gay marriage.
Scott Wagner: Supports and shines light on efforts to protect LGBT rights.
Scott Wagner: We are an exceptional nation because we self-correct.
Ken Krawchuk: Support free trade.
Scott Wagner: How can any self-made man not back the free market?
Tom Wolf: Same-day voter registration; automatic voter registration.
Tom Wolf: Limit campaign contributions.
Ken Krawchuk: Make voter registration easier.
Lou Barletta: Opposes all gun restrictions.
Scott Wagner: Opposes gun restrictions.
Tom Wolf: Expand background checks; ban bump stocks.
Ken Krawchuk: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Lou Barletta: Protected volunteer firefighters from ObamaCare.
Scott Wagner: Repeal ObamaCare; add work requirement for Medicaid.
Tom Wolf: Expand ObamaCare; no work requirement for Medicaid.
Ken Krawchuk: Oppose ObamaCare.
Scott Wagner: Roll back Medicaid expansion and repeal Obamacare.
Ken Krawchuk: Bring the troops home to defend America.
Scott Wagner: Americans honor veterans by standing up for National Anthem.
Lou Barletta: Military shouldn't have gay rights imposed.
Lou Barletta: Make visa overstay a felony.
Tom Wolf: Supports having a Pennsylvania DREAM Act.
Ken Krawchuk: Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Scott Wagner: Supports "right-to-work"; allow opt-out from unionization.
Scott Wagner: Raise minimum wage from $7.25 to $9.50/hr, but not higher.
Tom Wolf: No "right-to-work"; unionization decided by majority rule.
Tom Wolf: Raise minimum wage from $7.25 to $12/hr.
Ken Krawchuk: Oppose affirmative action.
John Fetterman: Raise minimum wage to $15 per hour.
Tom Wolf: Raised minimum wage from $7 to $10 per hour.
Principles & Values|
Ken Krawchuk: God by any name should not be government supported.
John Fetterman: Beat establishment incumbent as Bernie Sanders progressive.
Scott Wagner: Pastors call on Wagner to apologize to Jewish philanthropist.
Lou Barletta: Supports safety net of Social Security and Medicare.
Ken Krawchuk: Privatize Social Security.
Ken Krawchuk: Pledged to veto every tax increase.
Lou Barletta: Spend on infrastructure before it costs more.
Tom Wolf: Supports Net Neutrality: keep the internet free & open.
Tom Wolf: Redevelopment project to revitalize the Pittston waterfront.
War & Peace|
Ken Krawchuk: Avoid foreign entanglements.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- John Fetterman Pennsylvania Democratic nominee for Pennsylvania Lt. Gov.
- Ken Krawchuk Pennsylvania Libertarian candidate for governor
- Lou Barletta Pennsylvania Former Republican candidate for Pennsylvania Governor
- Scott Wagner Pennsylvania Republican
- Tom Wolf Pennsylvania Democratic Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)