Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Vermont Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 VT Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Christine Hallquist (5) Vermont Democratic candidate for governor of Vermont
- Keith Stern (7) Vermont Republican candidate for governor of Vermont
- Phil Scott (2) Vermont Republican challenger for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Vermont 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- Burlington Free Press, "Scott and Hallquist: Get to know the VT governor candidates", Aug 29, 2018
- VTDigger.org, "Progressives don't endorse Hallquist, but won't rule it out," by Xander Landen, August 21, 2018
- CNN.com, "Hallquist will make history as first openly transgender major party nominee for governor," by Gregory Krieg, Aug. 15, 2018
- Vermont Public Radio, "In A Bid To Beat An Incumbent Governor, Keith Stern Tacks To The Right", Aug 10, 2018
- Politico.com, "Democrats poised to pick transgender woman for Vermont governor," by Ben Schreckinger, August 7, 2018
- True North Reports, "Republican candidates for governor go head-to-head," by Lou Varricchio, July 26, 2018
- VTDigger.org, "Scott and Stern tussle over guns, taxes during primary debate," by Xander Landen, July 25, 2018
- WCAX TV-3, "Primary Preview: Keith Stern," by Adam Sullivan, July 25, 2018
- Valley News, "Candidate Won't Release Taxes," by Matt Hongoltz-Hetling, July 20, 2018
- Stowe Today, "Primary challenger says Phil Scott is no Republican, by Caleigh Cross, June 21, 2018
- Mountain Times, "Stern to challenge Scott in governor's race," by Stephen Seitz, August 31, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Keith Stern: Pro-life advocate but will not interfere with settled law.
Christine Hallquist: Address racial bias in criminal justice system.
Christine Hallquist: Tax retail marijuana for clean water and public education.
Keith Stern: Send drug addicts to treatment & dealers to boot camp.
Phil Scott: Statewide funding inserts Montpelier into school decisions.
Families & Children|
Keith Stern: Paid family leave and $15 hour wage would hurt his business.
Phil Scott: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Christine Hallquist: Ban assault weapons; regulate guns like cars.
Keith Stern: Vermont won't be Vermont with all this gun legislation.
Christine Hallquist: Regulate guns like we regulate automobiles.
Keith Stern: Supports Trump's crack down on undocumented immigrants.
Christine Hallquist: Revamp tax structure and increase taxes on the wealthy.
Keith Stern: Holding the line won't work; cut taxes and fees.
Keith Stern: Supports new tax reform and wants Vermont to cut taxes also.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Christine Hallquist Vermont Democratic candidate for governor of Vermont
- Keith Stern Vermont Republican candidate for governor of Vermont
- Phil Scott Vermont Republican challenger for Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Vermont Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)