Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Indiana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 IN Gubernatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Eddie Melton (18) Indiana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Eric Holcomb (8) Indiana Republican candidate for Governor
- Woody Myers (5) Indiana Democratic candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Indiana 2020 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Associated Press on WGN-TV, "Indiana resisting marijuana trend of neighboring states," December 14, 2019
- Crawfordsville Journal Review, "Dem governor candidates make their case," by Nick Hedrick, October 13, 2019
- Indianapolis Star, "Governor's race takes shape as former state health chief Woody Myers jumps in," by Chris Sikich, July 10, 2019
- WTHR TV, "Dr. Woody Myers joins Governor's race," July 10, 2019
- TheStateHouseFile.com, "Dr. Woody Myers becomes first Democrat to enter governor's race," by LaMonte Richardson, July 10, 2019
- San Francisco Chronicle, "Indiana attorney general sued over groping allegations," by Tom Davies, June 18, 2019
- Chicago Crusader, "Indiana's first Black governor?," June 7, 2019
- Chicago Tribune, "State senator eyes governor's race," by Tom Davies, June 4, 2019
- Eagle Country 99.3FM, "Gov. Holcomb Signs Victims' Rights Bill," by Travis Thayer, May 31st, 2019
- NRA press release, "NRA Applauds Holcomb for Signing Comprehensive Gun Rights Bill," April 26, 2019
- Washington (IN) Times-Herald, "Committee approves bill to expand role of religion in schools," Erica Irish, Feb 20, 2019
- Chicago Post-Tribune, "Melton bill would give felons access to state scholarships," by Carole Carlson, Jan 22, 2019
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL.org), "Election Legislation: Coming Soon to a State Near You," by Dylan Lynch, Jan 22, 2019
- Indianapolis NUVO newsmagazine, "Tallian Files Two Cannabis-Related Bills," by Rob Burgess, December 19, 2018
- WTHR 13 Indianapolis News, "Gov. Holcomb says passing hate crime law 'long overdue'," by Brian Slodysko, Dec 15, 2018
- Times of Northwest Indiana, "Local leaders condemn Trump's rollback of EPA clean car standards," by Lauren Cross, October 17, 2018
- IntoMore.com blog, "Indiana Governor Backs LGBTQ-Inclusive Hate Crime Law," by Nico Lang, 07 Aug 2018
- Indiana Senate Democrats press release, "Melton files resolution urging Congress to protect DACA recipients," January 11, 2018
- NAACP press release, "Files Lawsuit Against State of Indiana for Voting Rights Violation," August 10, 2017
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection: Survey responses by Eddie Melton, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Eddie Melton: Gaming licenses issued to support new jobs & revenue.
Woody Myers: Fought to keep teenage boy with AIDS in school after banning.
Eddie Melton: Will fight to enact state hate crimes law.
Eddie Melton: Endorsed by the Indiana Black Legislative Caucus PAC.
Eric Holcomb: Calls for resignation of Indiana AG over harassment charge.
Eric Holcomb: Signed into law consolidation of minority precincts.
Eric Holcomb: Hate crimes not about thoughts, but about actions.
Eric Holcomb: Supports enacting hate crime laws.
Eric Holcomb: Now supports protecting sexual orientation, gender identity.
Eric Holcomb: Signs victims' rights law, tightening criminal penalties.
Eddie Melton: Allow some level of marijuana use, and recreational sales.
Woody Myers: Allow some level of marijuana use; not recreational sales.
Eddie Melton: Legalize and regulate medical & recreational cannabis.
Woody Myers: Boost teacher pay, increase access to vocational schools.
Eddie Melton: Worked for Obama on mentoring boys and young men of color.
Eddie Melton: Increasing pay will address state teacher shortage.
Eddie Melton: Criticizes current budget that favors online/charter schools.
Woody Myers: Pay teachers what they deserve; future depends on it.
Eddie Melton: No investment is more important than our students.
Eddie Melton: Reduce private school vouchers; increase teacher pay.
Eddie Melton: Every child deserves a quality public education.
Eddie Melton: Clean car standards create jobs.
Eric Holcomb: Budgeted for election security: covers about 10% of machines.
Eric Holcomb: Eliminated fees for gun licenses; allowed guns in churches.
Eddie Melton: Opposes funding NRA gun training for teachers.
Eddie Melton: Ensure access to veterans' resources and benefits.
Eddie Melton: Protecting DACA is essential; DREAMers are contributors.
Woody Myers: We deserve best schools, health care, state creating jobs.
Eddie Melton: Support organized labor and good-paying jobs.
Eddie Melton: Authored property tax amnesty program.
Eddie Melton: Increase reliable public transportation options.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Eddie Melton Indiana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Eric Holcomb Indiana Republican candidate for Governor
- Woody Myers Indiana Democratic candidate for governor
The above quotations are from 2020 Indiana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: