Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Virginia Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 VA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Amanda Chase (2) Virginia Republican candidate for governor of Virginia
- Daniel Gade (33) Republican Senate challenger Virginia
- Mark Warner (3) Virginia Former Democratic Governor (2002-2006); elected Senator 2008
- Scott Taylor (4) Republican U.S. Rep Virginia-2
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Virginia 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on 2020 Virginia Senate race (Daniel Gade), downloaded Oct. 2020
- CampusElect survey (Daniel Gade vs. Mark Warner), September 2020
- Charlottesville Tomorrow, "An hour with... Daniel Gade," by Charlotte Rene Woods, June 8, 2020
- Alexandria Gazette, "Overlooked Primary for U.S. Senate," by Michael Lee Pope, June 4, 2020
- Winchester Star, "Army veteran Daniel Gade hopes to win GOP Senate nomination," by Josh Janney, May 4, 2020
- WSET ABC-13 News, "Republicans trying to unseat Mark Warner debate at Liberty University," by Laura Taylor & Christina Thompson, February 17, 2020
- NBC Meet the Press, interview of Sen. Mark Warner, 1/5/20
- Washington Examiner, "A veteran makes his case for Senate: Congress should do its job," by Erin Dunne, October 08, 2019
- U.S. Term Limits (termlimits.com), "Daniel Gade Pledges to Support Term Limits on Congress," by Scott Tillman, August 26, 2019
- WTKR News-3-TV, "Rep. Scott Taylor makes fighting sea-level rise around military bases a priority," by Brendan Ponton, 5/11/18
- The Hill e-zine , "Former Navy SEAL walks a careful line on transgender troops," by Molly K. Hooper, 9/26/17
- Center for Investigative Reporting (RevealNews.org), "Trump nominee called allowing women in combat 'laughable'," by Will Evans, 9/18/17
- The Virginian-Pilot, "Large crowd frequently shouts at Rep. Scott Taylor during contentious town hall meeting," by Bill Bartel, 2/20/17
- DisabledVeterans.org, "West Point Professor Dan Gade Says Disability Pay 'Harmful'," by Benjamin Krause, January 9, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Daniel Gade: Against funding for Planned Parenthood in CARES Act.
Scott Taylor: Opposes taxpayer funding, but says women have choice.
Daniel Gade: Unborn child has a fundamental right to live.
Daniel Gade: Racism is an internal belief, not a domestic threat.
Daniel Gade: Right to live in accordance with our religious principles.
Daniel Gade: Don't force churches to accommodate transgender people.
Daniel Gade: 2011: Against women in combat; 2017: Allow in whatever role.
Scott Taylor: Opposes transgender ban in military.
Daniel Gade: Stop insider trading by requiring blind trusts for Congress.
Daniel Gade: Markets free of government interference are growth engines.
Daniel Gade: For police oversight, criminal justice reform.
Mark Warner: Co-sponsored Justice in Policing Act.
Daniel Gade: Full school choice proponent.
Amanda Chase: Believes in school choice and options for parents.
Daniel Gade: Student loan forgiveness is immoral transfer of risk.
Daniel Gade: Student debt payoff is tax on poor in favor of privileged.
Mark Warner: Limit student loan payments based on income.
Energy & Oil|
Daniel Gade: Energy production mix: renewables, nuclear, fossil fuels.
Scott Taylor: Climate change happening, but not sure how much is manmade.
Daniel Gade: A huge fan of deregulation as much as possible.
Daniel Gade: Promote free market taxation, regulation, & unfettered trade.
Amanda Chase: Champion of small, limited government.
Daniel Gade: Government overreach is tyranny.
Daniel Gade: Make Congress members put investments in blind trust.
Daniel Gade: For REINS Act: Congress must approve agency regulations.
Daniel Gade: Pledges to support Congressional term limits.
Daniel Gade: Right to protect ourselves by keeping and bearing arms.
Daniel Gade: For concealed carry reciprocity: permit good nationwide.
Daniel Gade: Let people buy and sell health insurance across state lines.
Daniel Gade: Judicious use of military force abroad to fight terrorism.
Daniel Gade: Stronger national defense: focus on growth of Navy.
Scott Taylor: Protects military base access roads from sea-level rise.
Daniel Gade: Limit low-skill workers; welcome cream of foreign economies.
Daniel Gade: Would limit humanitarian asylum.
Mark Warner: Co-sponsored path to citizenship for "DREAMers".
Daniel Gade: Against forced unionization.
Principles & Values|
Daniel Gade: Church-state separation is NOT removal of religious content.
Daniel Gade: Entitlement reform including Social Security & VA disability.
Daniel Gade: 2015: Disability pay for vets "harmful".
Daniel Gade: Wants a flat tax, or very simplified tax code.
War & Peace|
Daniel Gade: Opposed to open-ended commitment of troops.
Daniel Gade: Support requiring congressional approval of military actions.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Amanda Chase Virginia Republican candidate for governor of Virginia
- Daniel Gade Republican Senate challenger Virginia
- Mark Warner Virginia Former Democratic Governor (2002-2006); elected Senator 2008
- Scott Taylor Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Virginia
The above quotations are from 2020 Virginia Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator Jeff Flake (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)