Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Rhode Island Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 RI Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Dan McKee (10) Rhode Island Democratic candidate for governor
- Gina Raimondo (7) Rhode Island Secretay of Commerce
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Rhode Island Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Narragansett Independent, "Dan McKee ready to hit the ground running as governor," by Joseph B. Nadeau, Jan 21, 2021
- The Providence Journal, "From forgotten man to head of the state: Who is Dan McKee?," by Patrick Anderson, January 8, 2021
- WPRI , "Who is Dan McKee? Meet Rhode Island's next governor." by Eli Sherman, Jan 7, 2021
- Associated Press, "Raimondo aims to close Veterans Home deficit and boost funds," January 17, 2020
- Uprise RI, "Governor Raimondo encourages undocumented residents to seek testing and healthcare during pandemic," by Steve Ahlquist, April 7, 2020
- Republican Governor's Association, "Gov. Gina Raimondo, The Grinch Who Raises Taxes," December 20, 2019
- Providence Journal, "Brush with history: Raimondo is in Israel as Netanyahu is indicted," by Katherine Gregg, Nov 21, 2019
- Providence Journal, "Raimondo makes public stance in support of Pride," by Patrick Anderson, Jun 3, 2019
- CNN.com, "Rhode Island governor signs abortion protection bill," by Caroline Kelly, June 20, 2019
- Providence Journal, "Governor signs bill giving Dreamers right to driver's licenses in R.I.," by Mark Reynolds, Jun 19, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Gina Raimondo: Signed bill codifying abortion protections.
Budget & Economy|
Dan McKee: I understand that budgets reflect priorities and policy.
Dan McKee: Strong supporter and advocate for local small business.
Gina Raimondo: Signed Pride Month proclamation, defying local bishop.
Dan McKee: Set up after-school programs to make up time lost to COVID.
Dan McKee: School reform by partnering without being demanding.
Dan McKee: Make two years free community college program permanent.
Dan McKee: COVID and schools: locally driven, state supported.
Dan McKee: As mayor created the first mayoral charter school.
Dan McKee: Charter schools support criticized by public sector unions.
Gina Raimondo: In Israel for economic development mission.
Gina Raimondo: Close deficit, boost budget of RI Veterans Home.
Gina Raimondo: COVID: Get tested; no immigration officials at testing sites.
Gina Raimondo: Driver's licenses for DREAMers, pathway for citizenship.
Dan McKee: Lieutenant governor has no power; job criticized.
Principles & Values|
Dan McKee: People have pride in their communities & staying in hometown.
Gina Raimondo: OpEd: Raimondo wants tax increases.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Dan McKee Rhode Island Democratic candidate for governor
- Gina Raimondo Rhode Island Secretay of Commerce
The above quotations are from 2022 Rhode Island Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2022; Gov. Raimondo term-limited in 2022; contenders:
RI 2022 Gubernatorial debate:
Incumbent Gina Raimondo(D,to Cabinet)
vs.Gov. Dan McKee(D)
vs.Secy.Matt Brown(? D)
vs.Mayor Allan Fung(R)
vs.RI Secretary of State Nellie Gorbea(D)
Past gubernatorial races:
2018 Rhode Island gubernatorial debate,
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: