Kelly Loeffler on Government Reform
Republican Secretary of State should resign over election
Joint Statement From Senators Perdue & Loeffler: "The management of Georgia elections has become an embarrassment. Georgians are outraged, and rightly so. Every legal vote cast should be counted. Any illegal vote must not. The mismanagement and lack of
transparency from the Secretary of State is unacceptable. Honest elections are paramount to the foundation of our democracy. The Secretary of State has failed to deliver honest and transparent elections. He has failed the people of Georgia, and he
should step down immediately."
The Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger responded: "Senators Loeffler and Perdue called for my resignation. That is not going to happen. From an election administration perspective, the election was a
resounding success. Almost 5 million Georgians cast a vote in this election--that is a record turnout. The process of reporting results followed the law. Where there have been allegations of illegal voting, my office has dispatched investigators."
Source: 2020 GA 2-year Senate campaign website KellyForSenate.com
, Nov 9, 2020
Raise penalties for voter fraud, ballot harvesting
Q: Support stricter ID requirements and other rules on voting?
Kelly Loeffler: Unclear. Introduced bill to raise penalties for voter fraud and illegal ballot harvesting.
Raphael Warnock: No. Supports restoring oversight provisions of Voting Rights Act, which made voting restrictions harder to enact.
Source: CampusElect on 2019-20 Georgia 2-year Senate race
, Nov 3, 2020
Condemned Pelosi for Commission on President Capacity
Loeffler is slated to introduce a resolution condemning Speaker Pelosi for "politicizing the 25th Amendment." The Democrat expressed support for a bill that would create a "Commission on President Capacity" to invoke the 25th Amendment if
needed. "From the Russia collusion hoax to the sham impeachment and now the 25th Amendment farce, Nancy Pelosi has disgraced the office of Speaker in a desperate attempt to rig the system and seize power.
Source: The Hill e-zine on 2019-20 Georgia 2-year Senate race
, Oct 9, 2020
Loeffler opposes the AFA survey question on abolishing the Electoral College
The AFA inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'The Electoral College should be abolished'?
Self-description: (American Family Association helps produce iVoterGuides): "Grounded in God; rooted in research"; they "thoroughly investigate candidates"; when they cannot "evaluate with confidence, they receive an 'Insufficient' rating" (& we exclude)
Source: AFA Survey 20AFA-16 on Sep 11, 2020
Loeffler supports the Christian Coalition survey question on judicial Constitutionalism
The Chritisan Coalition inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'Appointing Judges Who Will Adhere to a Strict Interpretation of the Constitution?'
CC self-description: "The Political Courage Test provides voters with positions on key issues. Historically, candidates have failed to complete our test due to the advice they receive from their advisors and out of fear of negative attack ads."
Source: CC Survey 20CC-1A on Sep 10, 2020
Voted NO on two articles of impeachment against Trump.
Loeffler voted NAY Impeachment of President Trump
RESOLUTION: Impeaching Donald Trump for high crimes and misdemeanors.
ARTICLE I: ABUSE OF POWER: Using the powers of his high office, Pres. Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 US Presidential election. He did so through a course of conduct that includedThese actions were consistent with Pres. Trump's previous invitations of foreign interference in US elections.
- Pres. Trump--acting both directly and through his agents--corruptly solicited the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations into a political opponent, former Vice President Joseph Biden; and a discredited theory promoted by Russia alleging that Ukraine--rather than Russia--interfered in the 2016 US Presidential election.
- With the same corrupt motives, Pres. Trump conditioned two official acts on the public announcements that he had requested: (A) the release of $391 million that Congress had appropriated for the purpose of providing vital military and security assistance to Ukraine to oppose Russian aggression; and (B) a head of state meeting at the White House,
which the President of Ukraine sought.
- Faced with the public revelation of his actions, Pres. Trump ultimately released the [funds] to the Government of Ukraine, but has persisted in openly soliciting Ukraine to undertake investigations for his personal political benefit.
ARTICLE II: OBSTRUCTION OF CONGRESS:These actions were consistent with Pres. Trump's previous efforts to undermine US Government investigations into foreign interference in US elections.
Source: Congressional vote ImpeachK on Dec 18, 2019
- Pres. Trump defied a lawful subpoena by withholding the production of documents sought [by Congress];
- defied lawful subpoenas [for] the production of documents and records;
- and directed current and former Executive Branch officials not to cooperate with the Committees.
Other candidates on Government Reform:
Kelly Loeffler on other issues:
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Senate races 2019-20:
Senate Votes (analysis)
Page last updated: Nov 22, 2020