Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles distributed by the Associated Press in other publications
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Associated Press (number of quotes indicated):
- Barack Obama (1) Democratic President (elected 2008)
- Denise Majette (2) 2004 former Democratic challenger; US Representative Georgia
- Donald Rumsfeld (1) Cabinet-2008
- Donald Trump (2) Republican Presidential incumbent
- George W. Bush (1) Republican
- Hillary Clinton (1) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Jack Hatch (2) Iowa Democratic Challenger
- John Kasich (2) Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- Johnny Isakson (1) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Georgia
- Paul LePage (1) Maine Republican Governor
- Sarah Palin (1) Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
- Stacey Abrams (1) Georgia Democratic nominee for Georgia Governor
- Terry Branstad (2) Iowa Ambassador to China
- Tim Pawlenty (2) Minnesota Republican challenger and previous Governor
- Tom Coburn (1) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Oklahoma
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The Associated Press (A.P.):
- "Denying Biden's victory, Pompeo heads to Europe, Mideast," by Matthew Lee, November 13, 2020
- (On Trump v. Biden): A.P., "Trump admits he's blocking postal cash to stop mail-in votes," Aug.13, 2020, with Wall Street Journal, "USPS to Suspend Changes Until After Election," Aug.18, 2020
- On WI-SB886: Associated Press, "Wisconsin seeks to delay Medicaid work requirement again," January 29, 2020
- (On John Kasich): A.P./Yahoo News 2015 coverage of 2016 presidential hopefuls, 10/2/2015
- (On Jack Hatch & Terry Branstad): A.P. on Omaha.com on 2014 Iowa governor race, 8/15/2014
- (On Paul LePage): A.P. in The Republic on 2014 Maine gubernatorial race, 3/26/2014
- (On Donald Rumsfeld): A.P. in New York Times, 2/3/2001
- (On George W. Bush): A.P. article in NY Times, 8/21/2000
- (On Hillary Clinton): Hard Choices, by Hillary Clinton, A.P. pre-release excerpts, 6/6/2014
- (On Montana bill HB 302): A.P. in The Missoulian, "Governor vetoes Montana bill that would bar enforcement of potential gun bans," by Matt Gouras, Mar 28, 2013
- (On Barack Obama, Sarah Palin & Tim Pawlenty): Courage to Stand, by Gov. Tim Pawlenty, A.P. excerpts, 1/6/2011
- (This collection is the miscellanous Associated Press collection; it's split up by topic and time):
- A.P. on races in 2020s
- A.P. on races in 2010s
- A.P. on races in 2000s
- A.P. on Senate races
- A.P. on Gubernatorial races
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Stacey Abrams: FactCheck: Tax bill might be "rigged" but economy doing well.
Jack Hatch: Focus on small business, not tax incentives to corporations.
Tom Coburn: The lottery proposal to fund education undermines virtue.
Johnny Isakson: Voted for funding increases in No Child Left Behind.
Energy & Oil|
Donald Trump: FactCheck: US has been #1 producer of oil & gas since 2013.
Terry Branstad: Keep corn-based ethanol in nation's fuel supply.
John Kasich: No more dickering & delays: Syria's Assad has got to go.
Hillary Clinton: End the Cuban embargo; that will shift onus to Castros.
Paul LePage: Investigate and report publicly on false campaign statements.
Barack Obama: OpEd: Broke promise to pay for every dime of new spending.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: Sued to end pre-existing condition protection.
Denise Majette: Voted against the drug bill set up by the drug companies.
Donald Rumsfeld: Missile defense is a moral imperative.
George W. Bush: Increase military pay to increase morale.
Jack Hatch: Raise the minimum wage & cut middle-class taxes.
Principles & Values|
Sarah Palin: OpEd: Her energy is the fuel of grassroots politics.
Tim Pawlenty: My faith is part of how I think, including in public life.
Terry Branstad: Fix crumbling bridges AND rural internet.
War & Peace|
John Kasich: No-fly zone in Syria & sanctuaries, enforced by U.S.
Denise Majette: Isakson voted against providing $1,500 bonuses to soldiers.
Welfare & Poverty|
Tim Pawlenty: Government growth displaces faith community & charities.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles distributed by the Associated Press in other publications.