Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles on IL politics in The Chicago Sun-Times
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Chicago Sun-Times (number of quotes indicated):
- Anne Stava-Murray (5) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Illinois
- Barack Obama (3) Democratic President (elected 2008)
- Carol Moseley-Braun (1) Democrat
- Chuy Garcia (7) Democrat U.S. Rep Illinois- 4
- Darren Bailey (2) Idaho Republican challenger for Governor
- Doug Truax (1) Republican Senate Challenger (lost primary) Illinois
- Harriet Miers (3) Republican Nominee to Supreme Court (2005)
- Howard Dean (1) Democrat
- Jim Oberweis (2) Republican Senate Challenger Illinois
- Joe Walsh (2) Illinois Republican presidential primary challenger
- John Cox (1) California Republican candidate for California Governor
- Mark Curran (1) Republican Senate challenger Illinois
- Merrick Garland (1) Attorney General
- Peggy Hubbard (6) Republican Challenger Illinois
- Rahm Emanuel (1) Ambassador to Japan
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Chicago Sun Times:
- On 2022_IL_Gov: "GOP governor candidate Jesse Sullivan should stop digging holes he'll eventually have to fill himself," by Rich Miller, Sep 17, 2021
- On Confirmation Hearings: "Biden taps Rahm Emanuel for ambassador to Japan," by Lynn Sweet, Aug 20, 2021
- On 2022 Arizona Governor race: "Republican Bailey's message to Chicago evolves from get lost to I'll 'make Chicago the great city that it should be'," by Andrew Sullender, May 25, 2021
- On Biden Cabinet: "Joe Biden taps Lincolnwood-raised Merrick Garland for attorney general," by Lynn Sweet, Jan 7, 2021
- IL-Senate, "Mark Cooney Curran Jr., U.S. Senate Republican candidate profile," Jan 22, 2020
- (On Chuy Garcia): Chicago Sun-Times coverage of 2018 IL-4 House race, 10/13/2018
- (On Doug Truax & Jim Oberweis): Chicago Sun-Times on 2014 Illinois Senate race, 12/4/2013
- (On Jim Oberweis): Chicago Sun-Times on 2014 Illinois Senate race, 11/22/2013
- (On Joe Walsh): Chicago Sun-Times, 7/27/2011
- (On Harriet Miers): Robert Novak, Chicago Sun-Times, on 2005 SCOTUS hearing, 10/4/2005
- (On Barack Obama): Chicago Sun-Times, "I have a deep faith", 4/5/2004
- (On Howard Dean & Carol Moseley-Braun): Lynn Sweet, Chicago Sun-Times, 1/15/2004
- (On John Cox): Scott Fornek, Chicago Sun-Times, 2/25/2002
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jim Oberweis: Abortion procedure should be outlawed.
Harriet Miers: Fought ABA endorsement of Roe v. Wade.
Mark Curran: The wrong people moved in, and changed Lake County.
Joe Walsh: Suspended from radio show for discussing racial slurs.
Harriet Miers: Recommended legalization of gay adoption.
Barack Obama: Politicians: donít use religion to insulate from criticism.
John Cox: Morally opposed to death penalty, even for Tim McVeigh.
Anne Stava-Murray: Legalize recreational marijuana & include safety provisions.
Peggy Hubbard: College isn't for everyone, real problem is inflated costs.
Anne Stava-Murray: Decades of disinvestment have hurt Illinois state schools.
Chuy Garcia: Non-discriminatory funding for schools; low cost college.
Energy & Oil|
Peggy Hubbard: Don't believe lies of the left on human-made climate change.
Anne Stava-Murray: Reduce coal-protectionist provisions, increase regulations.
Chuy Garcia: Backs Clean Energy plan and investment in alternate sources.
Chuy Garcia: Looking backward for answers on environment won't work.
Families & Children|
Joe Walsh: Sued by ex-wife for $117,000 in child support.
Rahm Emanuel: Japan alliance cornerstone of peace & prosperity in region.
Harriet Miers: Recommended establishment of an International Criminal Court.
Darren Bailey: Opposed bipartisan insurrection commission; it's nonsense.
Doug Truax: Political class fails to put interests of taxpayers first.
Peggy Hubbard: 2nd amendment about single mother defending herself & family.
Anne Stava-Murray: Proactive legislation to crack down on reckless gun owners.
Chuy Garcia: Controls on guns are in the bounds of Constitution.
Peggy Hubbard: I am not in favor of socialized healthcare.
Peggy Hubbard: Support ending chain migration and the visa lottery program.
Chuy Garcia: Cost of a "wall" for Mexico is not a good use of tax dollars.
Anne Stava-Murray: Pass fair scheduling laws to combat on-demand scheduling.
Principles & Values|
Darren Bailey: No longer thinks Chicago should break away from state.
Merrick Garland: Parents taught him hard work, community service.
Barack Obama: Thereís a call to evangelize in politics.
Barack Obama: Iím a big believer in the separation of church and state.
Carol Moseley-Braun: Withdraws from presidential race; endorses Howard Dean.
Howard Dean: Carol Moseley Braun withdraws from race and endorses Dean.
Peggy Hubbard: Program has grown too large and will become insolvent.
Chuy Garcia: New tax reform bill gives away borrowed money to the wealthy.
Chuy Garcia: Supports a federal infrastructure program from federal funds.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jim Oberweis: Tepid welfare reform is the best we can get right now.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles on IL politics in The Chicago Sun-Times.