Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of Massachusetts political races in Springfield Republican
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Springfield Republican (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Weld (1) Massachusetts Republican presidential primary challenger
- Brian Herr (4) Republican Senate Challenger Massachusetts
- Charlie Baker (5) Massachusetts Republican Governor
- Christy Mihos (3) Former Independent Challenger 2006
- Don Berwick (4) Massachusetts Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Ed Markey (6) Democratic Senator Massachusetts
- Elizabeth Warren (2) Massachusetts Senator
- Gabriel Gomez (5) Republican Challenger Massachusetts
- Jay Gonzalez (2) Massachusetts Democratic candidate for Governor
- Joe Kennedy III (1) Democratic Senate challenger Massachusetts
- Kevin O`Connor (3)
- Mike Bloomberg (1) New York Mayor of NYC
- Shannon Liss-Riordan (5) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Massachusetts
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the Springfield Republican:
- On 2022_MA_Gov, "Cannabis equity applicants look forward to home delivery, but struggle with startup costs," by Melissa Hanson, Feb. 17, 2021
- "5 takeaways from U.S. Senate debate between Ed Markey, Kevin O`Connor," by Benjamin Kail, October 6, 2020
- (Ed Markey): "Kevin O`Connor says he doesn't 'know what systemic racism means," by Benjamin Kail, Oct 05, 2020
- (Mike Bloomberg): "I know how to beat Trump," by Benjamin Kail, Nov. 25, 2019
- (Brian Herr): 2014 Massachusetts Senate race, 1/30/2014
- (Don Berwick): 2014 Massachusetts Governor race, 1/23/2014
- (Gabriel Gomez): 2013 MA Senate debates, 3/28/2013
- (Christy Mihos): by Bea O'Quinn Dewberry, 6/1/2006
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Ed Markey: Massachusetts should lead in protecting right to choose.
Brian Herr: Supports abortion rights.
Kevin O`Connor: Racial justice: enforce the lawl problem isn't the police.
Brian Herr: Supports gay marriage as an issue of equal rights.
Gabriel Gomez: Repeal the Defense of Marriage Act.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: I see the games corporations play to rig the system.
Ed Markey: Ban "weapons of war" including tear gas from police use.
Charlie Baker: Vigorously oppose recreational marijuana but medical pot ok.
Charlie Baker: Get dispensaries open for medical marijuana.
Bill Weld: Prefers state input on education, not one national standard.
Energy & Oil|
Ed Markey: Green New Deal has shifted the whole discussion.
Kevin O`Connor: Green New Deal would sell out American workers.
Ed Markey: More offshore wind and solar--but no Green New Deal.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: More offshore wind and solar--and Green New Deal.
Ed Markey: Nuclear power is a very expensive way to boil water.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: Nuclear power may be carbon free, but it is not risk free.
Joe Kennedy III: Proposed pledge to limit spending from outside groups.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: Pledge to limit campaign spending from outside groups.
Charlie Baker: Declined to sign "People's Pledge" against outside PAC ads.
Christy Mihos: $1B shifted from special-interest projects to local aid.
Brian Herr: People have a right to defend themselves and their property.
Charlie Baker: Opposed Republican bill to eliminate ObamaCare.
Jay Gonzalez: System is fundamentally dysfunctional; we need single-payer.
Don Berwick: Triple Aim strategy: improve experience, health, and cost.
Don Berwick: Explore single payer system in Massachusetts.
Gabriel Gomez: Universal affordable coverage, but repeal ObamaCare.
Elizabeth Warren: Supports the President's Affordable Care Act.
Gabriel Gomez: Fight to preserve Western Massachusetts' military units.
Brian Herr: Create a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.
Gabriel Gomez: Pathway to citizenship should include learning English.
Shannon Liss-Riordan: Raise the minimum wage; eliminate the sub-minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Elizabeth Warren: Grassroots movement will beat Trump, not Bloomberg billions.
Mike Bloomberg: Knows how to beat Trump and his vile policies.
Kevin O`Connor: Trump tax cuts led to greatest economy in last 40 years.
Ed Markey: Expand program to get every child internet access.
Charlie Baker: Ban hand-held cellphone use while driving.
Jay Gonzalez: High-speed rail between Springfield and Boston.
Don Berwick: Safe, convenient, responsive, reliable transportation system.
Don Berwick: Switch from gas tax to pay-per-use fees on mileage.
Gabriel Gomez: Let the people decide if rail needed to Western Mass.
Christy Mihos: Springfield Initiative: $300M for biotechnology center.
Christy Mihos: Sell Turnpike service areas & remove tollbooths west of 128.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of Massachusetts political races in Springfield Republican.