Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of NE political races in The Lincoln Journal-Star
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Lincoln Journal-Star (number of quotes indicated):
- Ben Sasse (1) Republican Jr Senator Nebraska
- Bob Kerrey (2) Democratic Challenger (previously Senator) Nebraska
- Chris Janicek (3) Republican Senate challenger Nebraska
- Chuck Hagel (1) Cabinet-2015
- Dave Domina (1) Democratic Senate Challenger Nebraska
- Dave Heineman (1) Nebraska Republican Governor
- Deb Fischer (7) Republican Senate Challenger Nebraska
- Don Stenberg (3) Former Republican Primary Challenger (2012) Nebraska
- Jane Raybould (3) Democratic candidate for Nebraska U.S. Senator Nebraska
- Jon Bruning (3) Nebraska Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Pat Flynn (3) Former Republican Primary Challenger (2012) Nebraska
- Shane Osborn (5) Republican Senate Challenger Nebraska
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The Lincoln Journal-Star:
- NE-Senate, "Voter's Guide: Primary edition series," by Don Walton, Apr 16, 2020
- (On Jane Raybould): Lincoln Journal Star on 2018 Nebraska Senate race, 8/25/2017
- (On Dave Domina): Lincoln Journal Star on 2014 Nebraska Senate race, 5/20/2014
- (On Shane Osborn): Lincoln Journal Star on 2014 Nebraska Senate race, 12/12/2013
- (On Ben Sasse & Shane Osborn): Lincoln Journal Star on 2014 Nebraska Senate debate, 11/15/2013
- (On Shane Osborn): Lincoln Journal Star on 2014 Nebraska Senate race, 7/10/2013
- (On Bob Kerrey & Deb Fischer): Lincoln Journal Star in 2012 AARP Senate Voter Guide, 8/24/2012
- (On Pat Flynn): Lincoln Journal Star on 2012 Nebraska Senate Debates, 4/16/2012
- (On Don Stenberg): Lincoln Journal Star on 2012 Nebraska Senate Debates, 4/15/2012
- (On Jon Bruning & Pat Flynn): Lincoln Journal Star on 2012 Nebraska Senate Debates, 4/14/2012
- (On Don Stenberg) & Pat Flynn): Lincoln Journal Star on 2012 Nebraska Senate Debates, 4/13/2012
- (On Deb Fischer, Don Stenberg & Jon Bruning): Lincoln Journal Star on 2012 Nebraska Senate Debates, 4/12/2012
- (On Jon Bruning & Deb Fischer): Don Walton in Lincoln Journal Star, 5/16/2012
- (On Dave Heineman): Nancy Hicks in Lincoln Journal Star, 7/31/2010
- (On Earl Ray Tomblin): Ron Gregory, The Lincoln Journal, 1/1/2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Shane Osborn: Combat spending instead of kicking the can down the road.
Deb Fischer: Make the Bush tax cuts permanent.
Chris Janicek: Protect human rights for women, immigrants, race, sexuality.
Deb Fischer: Opposes same-sex marriage.
Dave Domina: Big corporations pay their fair share.
Pat Flynn: Supports "stand-your-ground" self-defense laws.
Don Stenberg: Supports "stand-your-ground" self-defense laws.
Jon Bruning: Supports "stand-your-ground" self-defense laws.
Energy & Oil|
Chris Janicek: We want a planet to live on and a democracy to live in.
Pat Flynn: Strong support for traditional ally Israel.
Don Stenberg: Strong support for traditional ally Israel.
Jon Bruning: Strong support for traditional ally Israel.
Jane Raybould: Foreign trade important to Nebraska.
Pat Flynn: Don't renew legislative earmarks.
Don Stenberg: Don't renew legislative earmarks; and attack past ones.
Jon Bruning: Don't renew legislative earmarks, but past ones ok.
Deb Fischer: No campaign contributions from industry tied to your office.
Deb Fischer: Support stand-your-ground self-defense laws.
Shane Osborn: Propose better options, then repeal ObamaCare.
Bob Kerrey: Maintain Medicare as defined.
Dave Heineman: Opposes ObamaCare as bad for health & pocketbook.
Shane Osborn: Hawkish on defense, but measured response.
Jane Raybould: Supports letting "DACA" youths stay.
Shane Osborn: Begin with strict border control but don't allow citizenship.
Deb Fischer: More crop insurance in the new farm bill.
Principles & Values|
Ben Sasse: Endorsed by Freedom Works' founder & other Tea Party groups.
Shane Osborn: Endorsed by Tea Party-oriented group, Freedom Works.
Deb Fischer: System is unsustainable and must be reformed.
Jane Raybould: Don't shift tax burden onto poor.
Bob Kerrey: Support the Buffett rule: lower tax on wages.
Chris Janicek: Supports a major infrastructure modernization program.
War & Peace|
Deb Fischer: Prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapons capability.
Chuck Hagel: Iraq took our eye off the ball in Afghanistan.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of NE political races in The Lincoln Journal-Star.