This page lists memberships in organizations, for elected officials.
Each organization determines its own rules for membership.
on Nov 7, 2000
Membership Roster: religious affiliation:
Source: Adherents.com web site
The Adherents.com website is an independent project and is not supported by or affiliated with any organization (academic, religious, or otherwise).
What�s an adherent? The most common definition used in broad compilations of statistical data is somebody who claims to belong to or worship in a religion. This is the self-identification method of determining who is an adherent of what religion, and it is the method used in most national surveys and polls.
Such factors as religious service attendance, belief, practice, familiarity with doctrine, belief in certain creeds, etc., may be important to sociologists, religious leaders, and others. But these are measures of religiosity and are usually not used academically to define a person�s membership in a particular religion. It is important to recognize there are various levels of adherence, or membership within religious traditions or religious bodies. There�s no single definition, and sources of adherent statistics do not always make it clear what definition they are using.
- Topic: Principles & Values
- Headline: Religious affiliation: Methodist
- Headline 2: Religious affiliation: Evangelical Methodist
- Headline 3: Religious affiliation: United Methodist
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 00-ADH7
||s1r||GA 2004 former Republican challenger; US Representative|| |
||s1r||LA 2004 former Republican Nominee|| |
||s1r||ID Former GOP Governor (1999-2006); and Cabinet Sec'y.|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: