This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
Political Group Survey: the CC survey question on funding abortions
Source: Christian Coalition Survey
CC.org's self-description: "The Christian Coalition voter guide [is] one of the most powerful tools Christians have ever had to impact our society during elections. This simple tool has helped educate tens of millions of citizens across this nation as to where candidates for public office stand on key faith and family issues.
The Coalition is a political organization, made up of pro-family Americans who care deeply about ensuring that government serves to strengthen and preserve, rather than threaten, our families and our values. To that end, we work continuously to identify, educate and mobilize Christians for effective political action."
The CC survey summarizes candidate stances on the following topic: 'Public funding of abortions, (such as govt. health benefits and Planned Parenthood)'
There are two other Christian Coalition questions related to abortion: on parental notification and on embryonic stem cells
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 1.
Question 1: Abortion is a woman's unrestricted right
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Abortion
- Headline: Supports public funding of abortions
- Headline 2: Opposes public funding of abortions
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 14-CC-q1a
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: